Massachusetts has a 2-step process (unlike most other states) that consists of an Offer and then a Purchase and Sale (P&S). The Offer usually has contingencies like a home inspection, radon inspection, mortgage contingency.
We feel it would be helpful to provide a general outline of the process. Although every transaction is different, these are the general steps involved in a home sale. The timing from offer to closing is usually 6-8 weeks but can be longer.
Steps to a Home Sale in Massachusetts
- Contact us for a free market analysis *
- Sign listing paperwork
- Pre-marketing activities such as organizing, staging, floor plans and professional photos
- Listing in MLS (going live on the market). Other websites then pick up and distribute information from MLS.
- Offer / Negotiations / Inspections
- Purchase and Sale (P&S)
- Mortgage Application / Appraisal / Loan Commitment
- Final Walk Thru / Closing
We will also provide you with a comprehensive marketing plan for your property as part of our market analysis. We are here for you at every step of the process.